- Pearl Valley Hotel by Mantis phase 2 completed
- Beauty and beasts in the south
- Tourism Connect; Turning Enquiries into Realities with Jenman African Safaris
- CITW Distributes over 100 Food Hampers To Zambezi Communities
- Small World Marketing Collaborates with Madagascar Classic Collection for an 'Introduction to Madagascar' Webinar
- Wilderness Safaris Welcomes Guests to Namibia and Zimbabwe
- Lemala's Commitment to Tanzania
- Inspirations Travel & Tours (PTY) LTD joins Planet Promoters portfolio in UK & Ireland
- Wilderness Safaris Drives Gishwati Conservation Tourism Programme
- New ATTA® members this month - October 2020
SOCIAL DISTANCING on Ultimate Safaris' scheduled tripsBy Birgit Mohrmann, Ultimate Safaris Namibia
Since the re-opening of Namibia with more RELAXED REQUIREMENTS, we’ve seen the start of what appears to be a trickle of travellers returning! In recognition of this, we are ensuring that we continue to be as flexible and proactive when it comes to attracting travellers back to Namibia. For those prepared to travel before a vaccine is widely available, the time is definitely now. Please take note of our incredible “COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES”, our "ZERO FEE" cancellation policy and our “BOUNCE BACK SPECIALS”, which should offer even more encouragement for adventurous travellers to choose Namibia as their destination of choice during these crazy times.
In terms of our two scheduled guaranteed departure safaris, the ULTIMATE NAMIBIA SAFARI and NAMIBIA UNDER CANVAS, we will now be offering these with a MAXIMUM of 4 participants rather than the 7 previously for all departures between now and 31st March 2021, to ensure all requirements for social distancing can be provided for. Other requirements such as sanitizing, face mask wearing and other recommended practices will obviously be followed as well. This will be offered at NO ADDITIONAL COST, noting that our minimum pax numbers for each departure will remain the same.
We are excited to be welcoming travellers back to Namibia, albeit on a small scale currently, and consider this period as an important building period in our efforts to try and return to some sense of normal in the travel industry in time to come.
SUMMARY OF CURRENT ENTRY PROTOCOLS FOR INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS
1. Tourists of all nationalities welcome.
2. All tourists must have a negative PCR result not older than 72 hours.
3. Tourists must complete a health questionnaire which will need to be submitted, together with a full travel itinerary, to Health Ministry staff when they first arrive at the airport. The health questionnaire forms can be obtained at www.namibiatourism.com.na, which can be found here.
4. Tourists must have travel insurance which covers medical expenses and unexpected hotel stays in case of falling ill while travelling.
5. Upon arrival tourists may proceed with their travels provided they have the requisite negative COVID 19 PCR test results, and they are not exhibiting any symptoms of being unwell.