- Volcanoes Safaris and DEG partnership for Covid-19 healthcare and training to support job security, conservation and communities in Rwanda and Uganda
- FENYA THE SURVIVOR – A New Orphan Elephant Calf rescued at Jabulani's HERD
- Leopard Hill Becomes A Fellow Member Of The Long Run
- Mauritius / Covid-19 News Update
- Volcanoes Safaris welcomes you back to the magical world of gorillas, chimpanzees and the unique wildlife of the Western Rift Valley!
- RwandAir maintains its Heathrow service for Summer 2021, offering greater connectivity to its passengers
- Women in Development Webinar
- Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa Re-Opens 1 May 2021!
- Importance of Safety Standards in Tanzanian Aviation and Challenges faced during Covid-19
- Nomad Tanzania's wild west webinar
Remote COVID testing, now available in ZambiaBy *Nick Aslin, Zambian Ground Handlers
We are happy to announce that remote COVID testing is now available in Zambia! All logistics will be taken care of and hard-copy results along with the Ministry of Health authorization that is required to leave Zambia, will be hand-delivered to your clients in time for their international departure.
For guests spending time in Lusaka at the end of their trip each test will cost $100 and then there is a one-off cost of $120 for facilitation and transfers which will cover up to 5 people.
In the South Luangwa clients will be swabbed either in camp or at the Mfuwe Clinic and the samples sent to Lusaka for processing, the cost will be $250 per person.
In the Lower Zambezi a nurse will be flown in to conduct the swabs which will again be processed back in Lusaka the costs are as follows:
1 person $950
2 people $550 per person
3 people $450 per person
4 people $375 per person
Larger families and groups will be quoted on an ad-hoc basis
In Livingstone the cost will be $220 per person.
Remote testing is possible in the Kafue National Park but costs and logistics will vary dependent upon where the client is located, we will quote this on a case by case basis.
As some travel plans are starting to firm up for the 2021 safari season we at ZGH want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to make travel to Zambia in these COVID times as seamless and simple as possible.