- Horizon Guides' newly updated Gorilla Trekking guide - opportunities for suppliers
- Luxury Pool Villas Open at The Retreat in Kigali
- Ethiopian Airlines UK Flights temporary suspension - update 17th March 2021
- Ethiopian Airlines Statement re Red List
- The Africa Hub has partnered with Great Lakes Safaris to bring you an 'Introduction to Uganda'
- International Women’s Day - 8th March.
- Ethiopian Transports COVID-19 Vaccines to African Countries
- Remote COVID testing, now available in Zambia
- Volcanoes Safaris and DEG partnership for Covid-19 healthcare and training to support job security, conservation and communities in Rwanda and Uganda
- FENYA THE SURVIVOR – A New Orphan Elephant Calf rescued at Jabulani's HERD
Siringit Migration Camp by Mantis Set to open in 2021By *Sasha Ella, Mantis Collection
New mobile camp offers guests an exclusive, front row seat to one of the seven natural wonders of Africa – the Great Migration
Mantis, a leading conservation-focused hotel group with luxury hotels, eco-lodges, waterways and impact experiences located across the globe has announced its latest addition: the Siringit Migration Camp by Mantis, scheduled to open in August 2021.
The new mobile camp includes eight luxury guest tents (two of which can be inter-linked) as well as separate dining and lounge tents. The camp will move every few months to follow the migration route of wildlife within the Serengeti National Park in order to give guests a front row seat to an abundance of wildlife and one of the greatest, natural, seasonal wonders - the Great Migration.
Undoubtedly one of the best-known wildlife sanctuaries in the world, The Serengeti National Park has the greatest concentration of plains game in Africa. During the migration thousands of wildebeest and zebras flow from the northern to the southern plains, in a bid to follow the short rains every October and November, and then west and north after the long rains in April, May and June.
Paul Gardiner, CEO of the Mantis group comments, “The great migration is on the bucket-list of many international travellers and we want to make the experience even more momentous by getting our guests as close as possible to the wildlife. We also wanted to ensure that our mobile camps leave the lightest possible eco-footprint without compromising on luxury. Our guests play an important role in supporting conservation-led hospitality and the experiences we create for our guests allow them to see first-hand how Mantis offers curated destinations inspired by sustainable adventures. These are experiences where luxury travel and eco-tourism meet.”
The Siringit Migration Camp offers complete privacy in the middle of the remote African savannah, where guests can embrace the peace of this wilderness completely uninterrupted. As the precise timing of the Serengeti wildebeest migration is entirely dependent upon the rainfall patterns each year, the camp will track the migration moving from north to south to west as follows:
September – October: Northern Serengeti, Siringit Migration Camp - Kogatende
December – March: Southern Serengeti Ngorongoro, Siringit Migration Camp - Ndutu
May – June: Western Corridor, Siringit Migration Camp - Kirawira
The Siringit Migration Camp is the latest addition to the Siringit Collection by Mantis, which includes Siringit Serengeti Camp located in the Serengeti National Park and Siringit Villa located near Arusha.