Sunway Safaris specialises in small group safaris. Founded by Bruce Taylor and Shaun Waring-Jones in 1994, we run scheduled and private group mobile safaris ranging from 09-22 days throughout Southern Africa. We have offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Maun, Botswana. There are four safari types to choose from: Classic Journeys, Accommodated Adventures, Under Canvas Camping and Expeditions.
Reasons to travel with Sunway Safaris:
• Small groups – maximum of 12 people – this has been an important factor in our continued success. Our trips appeal to a wide variety of ages. The average is 37 – with most being aged 25 to 60.
• 2 Sunway tour guides – group leaders are the key to any safari. On a Sunway safari you will travel with 2 qualified and registered field guides (FGASA).
• Guaranteed departures – we offer departure dates on each itinerary.
• All inclusive price – there are no hidden costs. All of the entrance fees are included and a wide range of activities, and most meals.
• Owner operated vehicles – Sunway has a fleet of custom-built safari trucks with large windows, viewing hatches and forward facing individual seats (with lap belts) providing comfort and safety. In Botswana we operate 4WD vehicles into the national parks. All vehicles have full passenger safety constructed bodies compliant with latest passenger vehicle laws.
• Responsible Travel - Our commitment to sustainable & responsible tourism is reflected in our low impact travel style. Being an African company we have the grassroots contacts to make a real difference in the lives of the people whose lands we visit.
Where we operate
- South Africa
- Mobile Safaris
- Walking Safaris
Our Commitment to Responsible Tourism
As successful leaders in the tourism industry of Southern Africa, Sunway is acutely aware of the need to reduce impacts on the environment and encourage sustainable tourism through the protection of ecosystems and communities. Sunway's environmental policy applies to everyone travelling with us and allows us to experience the lands we are visiting, but also have a positive influence on the communities and ultimately the natural environment of Southern Africa. All our tours features at least one visit to a local community project such as village visits, animal rehab projects, or employment of local guides. These local initiatives help maintain local cultures and also sustain the ideals of wildlife conservation. We support: Okavango - Save Our Sausage Trees Project; P.E.N. - educating our youth; The Painted Dog Conservation Centre - Hwange.
Okavango Delta - Save Our Sausage Trees Project. Traditionally, local communities in Botswana's Okavango Delta, use the wood of the Sausage Tree (Kigelia Africana)to craft their mekoro. With increasing visitors to the delta each year, demand for wooden mekoro is unsustainable, and sadly the Sausage Tree is disappearing from the region. in response we established the SOS project to encourage and assist local community polers to buy replica fiberglass mekoro, which have a lifespan of approximately 10 years, are more stable to travel in, and are produced without any negative effect on the environment.
Okavango Delta - Save Our Sausage Trees Project. Traditionally, local communities in Botswana's Okavango Delta, use the wood of the Sausage Tree (Kigelia Africana)to craft their mekoro. With increasing visitors to the delta each year, demand for wooden mekoro is unsustainable, and sadly the Sausage Tree is disappearing from the region. in response we established the SOS project to encourage and assist local community polers to buy replica fiberglass mekoro, which have a lifespan of approximately 10 years, are more stable to travel in, and are produced without any negative effect on the environment. Edit
16 February 2017
Fam trips are a must for any agent who specialises in selling a destination. Of course, experiencing a destination and all it has to offer, is not always easily come by. So this year, Sunway Safaris has compiled four fantastic options that will be scheduled around WTM Africa and Indaba 2017. All agents wishing to learn more about South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zambia are welcome to contact Sunway Safaris in this regard.Read More
10 January 2012
For almost 2 years now, Sunway Safaris and Planet Okavango in conjunction with the Ditsipi community have developed the S.O.S (Save Our Sausage Trees) Project. We are happy to say that it is now bearing fruit. Not in the form a Sausage, but an object of similar shape – fibreglass mekoro. The MOKORO is the traditional means of transport for the people of the Okavango Delta in Botswana. For the adventure seeker, gliding through the Okavango Delta in a mokoro with a local guide, is the esse…Read More
14 November 2011
We are delighted to announce the launch of our brand new website. After lots of time spent with the web designers, we are very proud of the new website and we know that it will be an excellent tool for agents when looking information, and booking clients onto a Sunway Safari Please take a moment to browse through the new and improved look and feel at www.sunway-safaris Some exciting new features available on the website: ·Live availability The website provides you with up to the minute…Read More