Reasons to Join ATTA®
The African Travel & Tourism Association (ATTA®) is a member-driven trade association that promotes tourism to Africa from all corners of the world. Recognised as the Voice of African Tourism, ATTA® serves and supports businesses in Africa representing buyers and suppliers of tourism product across 50 countries globally, of which 24 are on the African continent. With a growing membership we closed last financial year with 663 members, ATTA® acts as Pan-Africa’s largest network of tourism product covering not only accommodation, transport and travel specialists in Africa, but a formidable selection of tour operators, representation and PR companies worldwide promoting tourism to Africa.
ATTA® promotes a quality African tourism product to all corners of the world by:
- Being a reliable and credible source of information acting as a knowledge hub for our members and external parties where we facilitate information sharing and access to industry experts.
Members have access to our daily news platform which provides the opportunity to share information with fellow members to drive business and receive information relevant to your own business. Furthermore, we have just launched our new members only online community ‘The Waterhole’, which allows for direct member to member communication, networking and interaction in a closed social media style platform.
- Forming Strategic Partnerships for the benefit of our members We have a collection of partnerships with external expert service providers for our members to collaborate with, adding value to their business. See ADVICE below for examples.
- Promoting Sustainable Tourism Through our Charter for Sustainable tourism we encourage members to take a more sustainable and responsible approach to their business practices and support them through a toolkit to help them take the necessary steps.
- Providing Trade & Virtual Events Through partnerships and opportunities ATTA® has a presence at all the key trade events in the tourism calendar and while the physical events are currently not operating, we remain committed to providing ongoing opportunities both on-line and off-line for our members to network, engage and do business. Ideally together.
Membership will provide you with:
- OUR NETWORK - Providing access to a who’s who within the ATTA® membership strengthening your network and / or product reach
- NEWS - Member News Distribution in the daily ATTA® newswire direct to all members and in a weekly digest to press contacts and out via our reps in China, Europe and Latin America.
- LOGO - ATTA® is a highly regarded professional Association, providing assurance to those in the trade that you operate in a legal and professional manner
- ONLINE COMMUNITY - Daily private, members-only, networking through The Waterhole
- NETWORKING - Networking at key trade shows and other networking events throughout the year around the world.
- EXPOSURE - A listing on the ATTA® website giving valuable exposure of your product which includes hyperlinks to your own website, photos, social media links & categorisation opportunities. Access to ATTA® webinars and Q&A’s either as a host to showcase your products or to attend and learn about other members products. Access to the ATTA® Job Board to post your vacancies
- ADVICE - Access to our growing portfolio of expert service providers within complimentary fields of business. Including Travel Insurance Professionals, Digital Solutions, Travel App Experts, Graphic Designers along with (dependent on your location) Legal, HR and Medical advice.
- LOBBYING - The benefit of our lobbying and engagement with tourism boards, embassies, high commissions and leading global tourism authorities to ensure that African Tourism is high on the agenda
- EXHIBITIONS - The opportunity to exhibit at trade shows both physically and digitally on the ATTA® pavilion at a cost-effective price and access to exclusive member only rates and benefits at other trade shows.