- Atta Events April - July 2014
- Uganda's policy on EAC integration ready
- Angola Airlines puts inflight Wi-Fi and mobile phone services
- Photo Competition II for Atta Members - Win Tickets to Atta's Functions
- Commercial News from Africa (15)
Cape Town records bumper summer season
International arrivals to Cape Town over the 2013/14 summer season were up by 15% compared to the previous year, the city's tourism director Anton Groenewald said.
Arrivals from regional Africa by air also increased from October 2013, culminating in 17% more of these visitors in February this year.
The top five countries of origin for tourists to Cape Town were South Africa itself, the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Three-quarters of tourism businesses - such as attractions, tour operators, restaurants, and wine farms - recorded more bookings for January and February than they did the same time last year.
December 2013 was the best summer month for surveyed major tourist attractions. Cape Point and the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway both had record growth with more than 100 000 visitors each.
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens also had a record number of visitors.