- This Week at Atta HQ (28)
- Wings of Kenya - the Birdwatchers Paradise
- TripAdvisor: 4 Opportunities You May Be Missing Out On – According to TripBarometer
- Fastjet off - loads Fly 540
- Tourism - the Best Way to Connect Ethiopia and Kenya
- Botswana's Okavango Delta becomes 1000th World Heritage site
Kenya postpones new visa regulations for South Africans
The implementation for the visa has been postponed to 1st September, 2014.
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR SOUTH AFRICAN ORDINARY VISA APPLICANTS (AMENDED)
The Kenyan Government will from 1st September, 2014 introduce the following measures for South African nationals visitingt Kenya;
Ordinary Visa applicants travelling to or transiting through Kenya will be required to pay a service charge of R 750 ($70).
Holders of Official or Diplomatic Passports travelling on Government business are not affected by these changes and will continue to get visitor’s Passes on arrival at the ports of entry.
All applicants will be required to produce the following documents:
1. Return Air Ticket
2. Invitation letter from the host in the Republic of Kenya
3. Letter from employer/Institution/College/School
4. Proof of funds (bank statement)
5. Applicants must appear in Person for Biometrics
6. 2 Passport Photographs.
The High Commission further wishes to inform that the Visa Service Fees payments should be made at the Kenya High Commission/Embassy premises and Visas will no longer be issued on arrival in Kenya. It should be noted that the processing period for the visas is strictly five (5) working days.
Source: Kenya High Commission