- Retosa eyes Sadc inclusion
- SA tourist arrivals
- This Week at Atta HQ (24)
- Condor to increase its flights into Kenya
- Euromonitor: a new frontier for growth in Sub-Saharan Africa's hotels
- Instagram campaign calls for change in travel and tourism career industry
New President for Malawi
Opposition candidate Peter Mutharika has been declared the winner of Malawi's disputed presidential election, easily defeating incumbent President, Joyce Banda.
Mutharika isleader of the Democratic Progressive Party and obtained 36.4% of the vote, which was initially strongly contested but upheld by the electoral commission.
He is the brother of the late President Bingu wa Mutharika and is an expert on international economic law, international law and comparative constitutional law He has held the positions of Minister of Justice , Minister for Education, Science and Technology and Minister of Foreign Affairs.