Travel and Tourism in Ethiopia to 2018, New Report Launched
Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Travel and Tourism in Ethiopia to 2018” research report
- Ethiopian Airlines is a fundamental growth driver of tourism development in Ethiopia. The airline has taken various initiatives to increase tourist inflows by introducing several new international and domestic routes, and expanded its flight capacity. It also partnered with other airlines to create codeshare agreements, which have had a positive impact on tourist flows. The airline is urging Ethiopian tour operators and journalists to participate in international tourism expos, and in May 2014, Ethiopian Airlines reduced its inbound fares by 40% to encourage tourism.
- The Ethiopian government is planning to develop the tourism industry and created two new entities –the Tourism Transformation Council and the Ethiopian Tourism Organization – in March 2014 to aid this plan. This Tourism Transformation Council will develop the country’s key tourist destinations and take initiatives to create and implement tourism campaigns. It will also provide instruction to local government bodies to remove political obstructions currently impeding the development of the tourism sector. This is one of the strategies listed under the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), which aims to transform the country into one of the five leading tourist destinations in Africa by 2020.
- Ethiopia is currently attempting to attract more tourists from India, and has taken initiatives to promote a tourism campaign: Come, Visit Ethiopia. Ethiopia has opened a cultural center in its embassy in New Delhi, and plans to introduce tourism boards in Mumbai. Ethiopia also participated in SATTE 2013 in January 2013, to attract more Indian tourists to its leisure and Meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE) segments. Ethiopian Airlines currently operates flights from Delhi and Mumbai, and plans to commence flights from Ahmedabad, Chennai and Bangalore in the future.
- In November 2013, Ethiopian Airlines expanded its route to fly four times a week to Niamey, Niger and launched four-times-a-week flights to Kano, Nigeria from May 2014. This new route will allow passengers to make connections to Cairo, Mumbai, Guangzhou, Dubai, Riyadh, Khartoum, Hong Kong, Jeddah, Beirut, Washington, DC, and Toronto. Ethiopian Airlines has also announced that it will commence daily flights to London from July 2014.
- The Second Hotel Show Ethiopia Expo was organized by Ozzie Event Management from May 16 to 18, 2014 in Addis Ababa. The main focus of the expo was to develop marketing links between stakeholders in the hospitality industry. Ozzie Event Management plans to organize similar trade fairs at least once every six months to make firm links between hotels and the tourism sector. Participants included hotel consultants, hotel operators, equipment suppliers, and tour operators.
Browse this report - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/travel-and-tourism-ethiopia-2018