- Commercial News from Africa (26)
- Uthando Benefit Concert in Cape Town: Special Atta Members Ticket price
- #AttaAroundtheWorld: Like & Share
- Kenya Airways West Africa operations update
- New Tourism Guide for Ethiopia
20 August 2014
Kenya scraps visas for SA travellers – for now
The Kenyan High Commission announced yesterday that it had suspended visa requirements for South African nationals. This means that South Africans visiting Kenya for 30 days or less will not require a visa from September 1 onwards.
However, the Deputy High Commissioner for Kenya in South Africa, Helen Gichuhi, has warned the suspension of the visas could just be a temporary reprieve. She told Tourism Update: “The Kenyan government and the South African government are negotiating, hence a pause as we await feedback from the negotiations.”
The Kenyan High Commission announced the visa requirement in June in reaction to the new immigration laws, including biometric requirements, the South African government imposed in the same month.
Source: Atta Media Partner Now Media