- Statement by the SA Minister of Home Affairs in relation to the implementation of new immigration regulations
- Webinar: The Germans on holiday
- Victoria Falls Airport: Cold Water is A Warm Welcome
- New Generation Maasai Mara Maps And Guides Launched
- Commercial News from Africa (30)
Africa Urged to Push for Joint Tourism Agenda
Tourism in Africa would tremendously improve if the continent's image is promoted by regional blocs rather than individual countries, experts have said.
The idea was mooted at the World Export Development Forum. The two-day Forum, organised by the International Trade Centre in Kigali.
At a session dubbed, "Tourism for development: opportunities for SME trade," experts assessed the stereotypes and generalised negative connotations about Africa, arguing that tackling these challenges through collective blocs would pay off by attracting more tourists.
World Committee on Tourism Ethics at the United Nations World Trade Organisation commended that the single tourist visa between Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda, as an initiative that will pay off by easing the costs and procedures required by tourists and other blocs should follow suit.