- Fiona Jeffery: Tourism can play vital role in destination communities
- World Tourism Day Message from the Atta Responsible Tourism Advisor
- Dubai carrier launches three new routes to Tanzania
- Uganda to roll out wildlife-tourism masterplan
- The hunt for the Tourism for Tomorrow winners for 2015 has begun!
Maasai Mara Half Marathon Set for October 18
The sixth edition of Masai Mara Half Marathon set for October 18 at the Lemek Conservancy in the Mara area of Narok County is targeting over 2,000 participants.
Since inception in 2009, the event has distinguished itself as a key fixture on the sporting calendar. Masai Mara Marathon has grown significantly over the years with the inaugural edition in 2009 having attracted a paltry 352 registered participants.
The Masai Mara Marathon has always been an important event for us because of the role it plays in not only nurturing and promoting talent, but also introducing sports tourism in the Mara Ecosystem and providing an avenue for spurring development in the societies we operate in.
The event is held annually to raise funds for conservation, education, access to medical infrastructure, anti-poaching projects and provision of clean drinking water to the residents within the Mara ecosystem. For the last four years, the focus has been on education and this year, it is on conservation particularly stepping up the anti-poaching initiatives.