- Webinar Recording: Azura Selous
- Renowned birders head to Uganda
- Azura Selous Webinar Today
- Battlefields of East Africa 1914-1916
- Atta Financial - Kenya's growing IT boom
- Atta Cape Town Christmas Network Dec 4th
- Emirates increases Durban flights for the festive period
Measuring Employment in the Tourism Industries – Guide with Best Practices
UNWTO released the guide with facts and findings that confirm that employment in tourism and the economic value of tourism in terms of employment remain inadequately measured and insufficiently studied. Employment in the tourism industries needs to be measured and described in a more consistent way supported by proper statistical instruments developed on international tools and enhanced through international cooperation.
This guide provides some examples of best practices of measuring employment in the tourism industries from countries that have demonstrated capacity to develop a comprehensive set of employment indicators.
This publication is a joint project by the International Labour Organization ( ILO ) and UNWTO.
You can find the document here: http://www.e-unwto.org/content/h22482/fulltext.pdf