- Namibian tourism up 13.2 percent from 2013
- Virgin Australia brings back direct flights to Johannesburg through SAA codeshare
- Zambian Tourism Minister Calls For Investment In Tourism Sector
- Growth of Low Cost Carriers in East Africa
- Trade deal set to boost Kenyan tourism sector
Tanzania reaps $1.8 billion in tourism revenue
Tanzania earned $1.8 billion from tourism in 2013, which is the first in the history of tourism in Tanzania.
The Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism was speaking in Dar es Salaam on the sidelines of the just ended international tourism fair.
Tanzania Tourism Board (TTB) has set up the new International Tourism Fair dubbed as Swahili International Tourism Expo (S!TE) so as to open up international tourism markets to local tourism agencies.
Between 2002 and 2013, Tanzania registered a growth of over 50% in international tourist arrivals. In 2013, Tanzania received 1,135,884 tourists, who earned the country $1.81 billion.