- Webinar: Mont Rochelle by Virgin Limited Edition
- Top travel trends for 2015 revealed
- Namibia gets new air carrier
- Botswana: Tourism Sector Continues to Grow
- Progress on the Mega Park in Southern Africa
Tourism board to use PR firms to market Uganda
The Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) has adopted the use of foreign public relations firms to sell Uganda after traditional marketing registered minimal success.
The Uganda Tourism Board told that the marketing model is currently being experimented in the UK, US and Germany.
Under the model, UTB hires professional public relations firms in source markets to disseminate information about Uganda, instead of advertising in international media, which is said to have little impact, yet it is too expensive.
The details of the firms being used will be availed later this month after the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Uganda Tourism Board and the Uganda Tourism Association that seeks to improve quality of services offered by tour guides in Uganda.