- SAA and Etihad to increase flights and routes
- Zambia Tourism Board officially launches domestic tourism campaign
- This Week at Atta HQ (50)
- Kenya wins bid to host 2015 WTO Conference
- Webinar Recording: Saruni Ocean, Kenya
- Webinar Today: The Launch of Saruni Ocean, Kenya
SA’s newest low-cost airline set to take off in March 2015
South Africa’s newest low-cost airline, Skywise, was officially launched on 13 December.
The airline’s initial flights will be between Cape Town and Johannesburg, with the first flight taking place on 11 February 2015, which will carry school children adopted by the Thembekile Mandela Foundation. The date of Skywise’s maiden voyage is significant given that it was on the same day in 1990 that former President, Nelson Mandela, was released from prison after 27 years.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on 11 February, the airline announced in a statement.
Initially they will be offering a Johannesburg to Cape Town route starting from March 2015 and are looking to launch additional routes in the future.