- Happy Holidays from Atta!
- Global tourism will exceed one billion travelers in 2014
- Africa – surfing capital of the world
- And then there were 4 airlines in a row at Victoria Falls Airport...
- A county in Kenya woos visitors with battle-field tourism concept
- City tourism important for East Africa
- Ethiopia set to expand airports
Lake Malawi Tops List of Tourists' Destinations
The sparkling Lake Malawi has been listed number one of places likely to be visited in 2015 by tourists. The compilation put together by renowned globe online news publication, The Huffington Post lists 15 Top Emerging Travel Hotspots for 2015.
According to the publication, the sparkling, vast, tanzanite Lake Malawi, which was coined 'Lake of Star' by the Scottish missionary, Dr. David Livingstone, rewards travellers the legacy of richness of history, culture, beauty and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
"For authenticity in Africa, Livingstone's "Lake of Stars" makes a headline appearance as an undiscovered jewel. Lake Malawi stuns travelers with vast powder-sand beaches and luxury havens in a spot of authentic paradise, offering two countries in one: Malawi and Mozambique."
Lake Malawi is Africa's third-largest and second-deepest and home to a thousand cichlid species of fish than any other lake in the world. UNESCO listed Lake Malawi National Park a world heritage site.