- Tourism can bring 100,000 jobs in Namibia in 2015
- Government and tour operators ponder rates for locals
- Expedia launches Apple Watch app
- Zatex Hosted Agents Program
- Ditching Dreamliners: Why United Just Bought a Bunch of Older Airplanes
- For African tourism, the future means 'profits with principles'
- Malawi and Egypt Sign MoU to Enhance Tourism Relations
- Atta Indaba Networking Event 9 May, 2015 (2)
Tanzanite tourist attraction centre launched in Arusha
A new and unique tanzanite tourist attraction was launched in the centre of Arusha city.
The centre and educational museum for the rare gem has been made possible by an Arusha-based tanzanite processing firm—The Tanzanite Experience.
Tanzanite gemstones are found only in Tanzania and The Tanzanite Experience has invested in a life size replica of a tanzanite mine shaft in one of its outlet at the centre of Arusha city, showing the history of tanzanite, how it is mined, cutting and polishing processes.
Tanzanite is the blue/violet variety of the mineral Zoisite (a calcium hydroxyl Sorosilicate) belonging to the epidote group. It is used as a gemstone, and naturally-formed tanzanite is extremely rare, found only in one place in the world - Mererani, under the foothills of the Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru—the second Tanzania’s tallest peak.