- ROAR like a lion at Wembley!
- flyafrica Namibia launched
- UNWTO calls for higher financing for tourism in development cooperation
- Uruguay Seeks to Come Closer to Africa
- Lions in Kenya: threats to their future survival and conservation
- FCO Travel Update: Kenya (3)
- Cabinet to reassess new visa regulations, says SA tourism minister
- Atta Africa Financial Update (28)
Kenya Suspends CNN Deal
Kenya has suspended a multimillion shilling marketing communication deal with Cable News Network (CNN) over a recent terrorism slur.
The Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) said the move was necessary to avoid backlash from Kenyans angered by the "misrepresentation on the country's security status".
"Some narrative adverts were already running on CNN as we planned launch of above-the-line TV campaigns with them but we suspended all of that," said CEO Muriithi Ndegwa.