- Kenya Suspends CNN Deal
- ROAR like a lion at Wembley!
- flyafrica Namibia launched
- UNWTO calls for higher financing for tourism in development cooperation
- Uruguay Seeks to Come Closer to Africa
- Lions in Kenya: threats to their future survival and conservation
- FCO Travel Update: Kenya (3)
- Cabinet to reassess new visa regulations, says SA tourism minister
UNWTO Conference to explore new ways to promote Brand Africa
The UNWTO Regional Conference Enhancing Brand Africa - Fostering Tourism Development will bring together a wide variety of African tourism stakeholders to explore how to build a stronger brand for Africa as a tourism destination (Accra, Ghana, August 17-19, 2015).
Tourism is one of Africa’s most promising economic sectors, but the sector’s capacity to fully contribute to inclusive and sustainable development across the continent is often hindered by negative perceptions and the generalization of crises situations in specific locations. At the same time, the numerous positive stories from Africa remain untold to a global audience, further impeding positive perceptions of the region.
Against this backdrop, the upcoming UNWTO conference Enhancing Brand Africa - Fostering Tourism Development will bring together a wide range of public and private-sector stakeholders in tourism, media and communications, and other related fields to:
- Analyse the situation of Brand Africa and its impact on tourism in the region
- Identify the key challenges facing Brand Africa and that of African countries
- Exchange national experiences on country branding and tourism branding
- Explore how African destinations can successfully build a strong brand in an increasingly competitive marketplace and a constantly changing business environment
- Create synergies among African countries towards greater cooperation in the promotion and positioning of a common African Tourism Brand
- The Conference will be opened by H.E. Mr. John Dramani Mahama, President of the Republic of Ghana.
Among the confirmed speakers to gather in Accra, Ghana, are the Ministers of Tourism of Ghana, Cameroon, Namibia, Seychelles and Zimbabwe; the CEO of Ethiopian Airlines, Tewolde Gebre Mariam; and Zain Asher from CNN International, the media partner of the Conference, who will deliver a key note speech on “What is Brand Africa?”.