- Kenya intensifies tourism marketing efforts in West Africa and UAE
- Atta Africa Financial Update (35)
- Zimbabwe Re-Elected UNWTO African Commission Chair
- Tanzania Tourist Board Woos UAE Carriers to Lift Numbers
- Kenya Elected to the UN World Tourism Organization Executive Council
- Over 3000 Hotel Rooms Set for Africa
- SATIB Advisory: 7 Key Insurance Covers For Tour Operators
- Uganda: New Online Tool to Promote Local Tourism
- FCO Travel Update: Kenya (4)
27 September is World Tourism Day!
Every time we travel, for whatever reason, we are part of a global movement; a movement that has the power to drive inclusive development, create jobs and build the sustainable societies we want for our future; a movement that builds mutual understanding and can help us safeguard our shared natural and cultural heritage.
This year on the 27th of September, we want you to talk Tourism. Help UNTWO raise awareness of the important impact tourism has on countries and communities around the world and its potential as a force for good, creating a better world for all. #1billiontourists#WTD2015
Burkina Faso will host the Official Celebration 2015. Find out more.
Each year on the 27th of September, the purpose of World Tourism Day is to foster awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value. The event seeks to address global challenges outlined by the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and to highlight the contribution the tourism sector can make in reaching these goals.