- Tusk Conservation Lecture on the plight of lions, London
- Call for Entries for Tourism for Tomorrow Awards 2016
- New Atta Members in July and August
- Atta Office Holiday Closure (1)
- Webinar: Discover the ‘new’ Tuli Safari Lodge, Botswana
- East African countries commit to advance regional tourism cooperation
- E-Tourism Africa Summit Early Bird Ending
- Atta Africa Financial Update (30)
New International terminal building in Livingstone to be completed next month
The construction of a new international terminal building at Harry Mwanga International Airport in Livingstone will be fully completed by the end of next month and expected to be commissioned in October this year.
In 2010, the construction of the building started and the facility was opened for use in August 2013 before it was fully completed ahead of the 20th session of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) General Assembly which was co-hosted by Livingstone in Zambia and Victoria Falls town in Zimbabwe.
Zambia Airport Corporation (ZACL) said the international terminal building would be fully completed by the end of September and the facility would be commissioned in October 2015.
About 90 per cent of works had already been completed and the remaining 10 per cent involved repainting the building, putting tiles and ceiling board as well as improving on the surroundings and make the premises look green among others.
The installation of the radar at the new terminal building had reached 98 per cent completion and it was already functional while one set of staff were already undergoing training in South Africa.