- KWS Chair Richard Leakey announces plans for mega museum
- Tanzania Tourism Board to launch travel portal for foreign travellers
- Why hosting WTO is such a big deal for Kenya
- Kenya Visa update surprise
- What’s on in Cape Town in September?
- Reminder: Kenya’s Mandatory Online Visa Applications
- Atta Africa Financial Update (32)
- Google Transit to Help Kenya's PSV Users Plan Trips
- New International terminal building in Livingstone to be completed next month
Online e-Visa Applications to Kenya - Update
This is a further reminder that effective 1st September 2015, all applicants have to register, apply and pay online for their visa to Kenya. This facility is for single entry for tourist and transit visas only.
Online visa application portal can be accessed at http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html
Process for online Visa
- Create an account, once account created you will receive a confirmation email that you need to click to verify and confirm your registration.
- You will be asked to UPLOAD A DIGITAL PASSPORT PHOTO (Maximum size 500 px by 500 px)
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select Submit Application
- Select Kenyan Visa
- Select the type of visa (visitor) and read the instructions carefully
- Complete the application form - please note that incomplete applications will be rejected and you will lose your processing fees
- You will need a scan of the main page of your passport (with your name, date of birth and other information)
- You will need to re-upload your passport photo
- Pay using your Visa card, MasterCard or other debit card- Visa will cost USD 51.
- The applications will be approved within 2-3 working days
- The Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of approval
- Print a copy of your Visa to present to the immigration officer at your point of entry in Kenya.
For a limited period 60days (1st September - 30th October), there will be 4 e-visa kiosks at JKIA which will allow guests to apply on arrival, however guests should be aware there will be long delays. Payments for Visas on arrival can only be paid by debit card. Cash and credit cards on arrival will not be accepted.
We highly recommend all guests to seek prior approval online to avoid long queues and delays at JKIA.