- KQ introduces ‘lounge day pass’
- KENYA VISAS STILL AVAILABLE AT PORT OF ENTRY
- Kenya Seeking Direct Milan-Malindi Flight
- Atta CEO: Tourism to Zimbabwe flourishes despite sanctions
- Atta Africa Financial Update (33)
- Damian Cook: Online Marketing Best for Kenya's Tourism Recovery
- President of Kenya launches new international campaign to support tourism drive
Reminder: Kenya’s President extends travel visa on arrival facility
As Atta reported on Friday morning, the Kenya government has announced that manual visa application at the port of entries into the country will continue until such a time the newly introduced 'e-visa' is fully operational.
President Uhuru Kenyatta said though the e-visa was already running, manual application at the entry points to the country will continue concurrently so as not to bar the last minute visitors to the country.
"We have had a number of challenges on the implementation of the e visa and I have therefore ordered that application of visa on arrival to the country continues as it were," the President said.
The resumption of manual visa application that ceased operational from 1st September 2015 is good news to travel agents and tour operators who had raised a red flag on the possibility of a drop in visitation to Kenya as a result of challenges associated to the new system.