- Ethiopia, one of the five emerging wine tourism destinations
- FCO Travel Update: Rwanda (7)
- Atta starts a new financial year today and reflects on 2015
- Kenya and UK agree to strengthen diplomatic, security ties
- We Are Africa Early Bird Ends Today
- Atta Africa Financial Update (36)
'Pay in Your Currency' launching in Kenya
Global payments processor Planet Payment is to launch its 'Pay In Your Currency' conversion solution in Kenya.
The New York listed company struck an agreement with Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) - East Africa's oldest and largest commercial bank. It will mean tourists using an eligible VISA or MasterCard can pay Kenyan merchants in their own currency.
Merchants will be able to offer a more personalised service while improving the profitability of their business, said Planet.
"The solution supports approximately 100 currencies and is simple to support, with merchants continuing to receive settlement and reporting in Kenyan Shilling, as they do today."
Planet provides services in 23 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, North and South America, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, mainly through more than 60 acquiring bank and processor customers.