- EA Tourism players narrow down on competitive pricing to hasten growth
- Ethiopian Airlines to start flights to Durban
- World Travel Market London 2016
- Kenya: Tourism Stakeholders Push for Beach Management Policies
- Tourism for Tomorrow Awards 2016
- Kenya Tourism Board renews marketing drive in Italy
US lifts travel advisory to Kenya
The United States Government has lifted a travel advisory it had issued to its citizens against visiting most parts of Kenya’s coastal region.
The US Embassy stated that travel restrictions to Malindi, Mombasa and Kwale counties up to the Tanzanian border have been lifted in a move that may prove beneficial to the area’s tourism industry.
Restrictions have, however, been placed on any travel to towns near Kenya’s border with Somalia, with citizens cautioned against using the Likoni Ferry Services in Mombasa.
US also cautioned those visiting Old Town in Mombasa saying they should do so only during the day.
The travel advisories were issued in May this year with the government advising against travel to Eastleigh area in Nairobi and coastal counties of Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi and Lamu.