- Angola's global host of World Environment Day 2016 and its elephant population
- Trade Talks in Nairobi Can Deliver a Transformed World
- U.S. Appoints New Ambassador to Zim
- How Mozambique is Earning its Tourism Hype
- Atta Cape Town Festive Networking Evening. Captured by Rock Girls
- Webinar Recording: Overview of The Sanctuary at Ol Lentille – Laikipia’s first all villa property
- Air Ambulance coverage expected to boost tourism sales
- WTO Ministerial Conference in Nairobi to inject Kshs 2.6 billion into economy
- Webinar Today: Overview of The Sanctuary at Ol Lentille – Laikipia’s first all villa property
- FCO Travel Update: Sao Tome & Principe travel advice
Major boost as Kenya voted world's top safari destination
Kenya has been voted the world’s leading safari destination by the World Travel Awards (WTA), giving a major boost to the tourism sector.
This is the second time it has scooped the prestigious global award. The country previously won the award in 2013.
Kenya bagged the award after overcoming fierce competition from South Africa, Botswana, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
In a addition, a Kenyan tour company —Twiga Tours— was voted the world’s leading luxury safari company. The firm also scooped the world’s responsible tourism award.
Winners of the coveted awards were announced at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort in Morocco on Saturday during the World Travel Awards grand final gala ceremony 2015.
Source: Daily Nation