- 2016 message from SA Minister of Tourism, Mr Derek Hanekom
- Sports tourism in Rwanda
- RwandAir first route Mumbai
- New trained Tour guides in KwaZulu Natal
- Rhino Population continues to be stable
- WTM Africa - Save Money On Flights For World Travel Market Events
- Earliest evidence of warfare found in Kenya
Chinese tourists to pay in Zimbabwe using the yuan
Zimbabwe has signed an agreement with China to allow Chinese tourists to use the chinese currency, the yuan, to pay for public transactions in Zimbabwe, according to a report by Reuters Africa.
Francis Ngwenya, resident of the Zimbabwe Tourism Council, said: “Zimbabwe is a multi-currency country and the introduction of the yuan will create easier pricing options and businesses will be able to have rand, dollar and yuan accounts.”
According to the report by Reuters Africa, the use of the yuan will also help the country to pay off its debt to China, which stands at $40 million.
Source: Southern African Tourism Update