- Zimbabwe: Lodges in Hwange National Park introduce conservation levy
- Leopard hunting banned in South Africa
- Di Caprio, Bloomberg, Elton John for Kenya jumbo talks
- “Fresh Ideas at Indaba” - Make sure you are included!
- Chinese tourists to pay in Zimbabwe using the yuan
- Atta Africa Financial Update (51)
- Are tourist guides adequately covered ?
- SA Tourism 2016 UK roadshow
- 2016 message from SA Minister of Tourism, Mr Derek Hanekom
Zimbabwe’s annual Sanganai Hlanganani Tourism Fair dates firmed up
Zimbabwe’s annual international tourism fair, “Sanganai Hlanganani,” will this year take place in the country’s second largest city, Bulawayo, from June 16-18. The location will be the Zimbabwe International Exhibition Centre (ZIEC) which sits on 17 hectares of land and offers some 55,000 square meters of indoor and outdoor spaces spread across 6 major halls and dozens of pavilions. The move is aimed to facilitate a larger number of stands since at the 2015 edition, though setting a new record number of 328 participating exhibitors, at least 10 foreign companies failed to secure space after both conference center floors inside the Rainbow Towers and Conference Centre and the outdoor tents had sold out.
Information received earlier in the week suggests that already some 85 companies and organizations have booked their stand space at ZIEC, including the Kenya Tourism Board and exhibitors from South Africa, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Botswana, and Egypt. Going by the attendance of last year, many more companies and organizations will sign up to participate in this Southern African tourism exhibition, including from countries like Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Namibia, and Ethiopia.