- Application for Membership - Transfrontier Parks Destinations
- Fastjet exits Kilimanjaro to Nairobi route a month after launch
- East African countries against poaching and smuggling
- Lufthansa expands Kenyan operations
- East Africa tourism: Mapping the way forward
- Qatar, Etihad to Fly Into Victoria Falls
Community development and conservation initiatives
Many tourism businesses are actively involved in community development and conservation initiatives. For example in South African, Gondwana Game Reserve on the Garden Route, is home to the Gondwana Conservation Foundation, which focuses on the protection of endangered wildlife and endangered vegetation; environmental education; and community upliftment.
In Botswana Sanctuary Baines Camp offers eco-travellers a unique green tourism experience as the camp was built out of recycled cans and Wilderness Safaris’ Children in the Wilderness initiative facilitates sustainable conservation through leadership development and education of rural children in Africa.
The programme focuses on the next generation and aims to inspire them to care for their natural heritage. Read more about other community developments and conservation initiatives.
Source: Daily Southern African Tourism Update