- Qatar, Etihad to Fly Into Victoria Falls
- Atta Networking event ITB Berlin 2016 (2)
- Core markets staying longer, spending more
- Tourism Hosts International Tourist Guiding Celebrations, 18 to 19 Feb
- Madagascar's lemurs at risk of extinction
- Fastjet ups JNB-HRE flights
- Fabulous annual event on the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Four Points in Ethiopia
- Will Uber tap into Travel?
East Africa tourism: Mapping the way forward
In line with its mission and vision, the EATP, the East Africa Tourism Platform, hosted a forum for open discussions on the vision of East Africa as one tourism destination, and the feasibility and viability of this objective. The meeting took place at Elevate Suites in Kigali last week.
Invited to the meeting were CEOs and executive directors of private sector tourism associations in the five East African countries, namely from Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Tourism boards in the East African Community member states were also invited to the meeting as EATP fosters private/public-sector collaboration in matters of tourism in the entire region.
These stakeholders were invited in their respective capacities as policymakers and influencers to discuss challenges and opportunities of developing tourism in EAC and promoting it as a single destination.
For two days, EATP challenged the participants to look beyond their differences and challenges at their national levels and rally their strengths behind finding solutions to common problems.