- Atta Networking event ITB Berlin 2016 (2)
- Core markets staying longer, spending more
- Tourism Hosts International Tourist Guiding Celebrations, 18 to 19 Feb
- Madagascar's lemurs at risk of extinction
- Fastjet ups JNB-HRE flights
- Fabulous annual event on the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Four Points in Ethiopia
- Will Uber tap into Travel?
- Cape Town International Airport leads arrivals growth
Qatar, Etihad to Fly Into Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls — Qatar and Etihad are among a string of global airlines lining up to start flights into Victoria Falls following the extensive upgrade of the Victoria Falls International Airport to modernise and increase its capacity.
The $150 million upgrade to increase the airport's capacity and give it a new modern look has been touted as a game changer that will allow the biggest, reputable global airlines to fly into the resort town and boost arrivals.
Initially designed to handle just 500 000 travellers per year, the extensive upgrades have increased the airport's capacity to 2 million while making it possible for the biggest airliners to land at the airport.