- Zambia Tourism Board calls for reduced air fares to boost tourist arrivals
- Air Seychelles launches new route to China
- Mantis Collection to buy boutique hotel
- Johannesburg: Gautrain expands
- Vic Falls to see recovery in 2016
- Qatar direct flight to Mozambique
Tourism Minister Assures Tour Operator of Good Working Relationship
The Minister of Tourism and Culture, Benjamin Roberts, recently received officials of TUI Benedlux, a Netherland-based tour operator that has expressed its desire to increase the number of its flights to The Gambia next summer.
Speaking at a press briefing held at the Senegambia Beach Hotel recently, the Tourism Minister thanked the TUI officials for the visit, saying the Government of The Gambia is always ready to work with partners, particularly in the area of tourism.
He said TUI had long been selling The Gambia as a source market, which was why they tried to convince their partners to look at the summer in order to extend the season from six months to ten months.
"There are other possibilities in terms of further deepening the enhancement of your engagement to The Gambia as a tourism destination," the Tourism minister told the tour operator.