- Atta Africa Financial Update (53)
- New partnership to promote local tourism businesses
- Sharks return to Gaansbaai
- SAA's Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi route no longer profitable
- South Africa changes to the immigration regulations
- Kenya airways Flight schedule changes
- Tourism Minister Assures Tour Operator of Good Working Relationship
- Zambia Tourism Board calls for reduced air fares to boost tourist arrivals
Transit visa relief and airlines no longer need to check for birth certificates of foreign minors
Airline check-in staff no longer have to ensure that foreign passengers are carrying an unabridged birth certificate (UBC) when travelling with a minor, confirmed Department of Home Affairs (DHA) Director General, Mkuseli Apleni. However, the DHA says the UBC requirement for travelling minors is still being “strongly advised”.
DHA has confirmed during a media briefing on February 5 that the short-term recommended changes to the immigration regulations, which came into effect in June 2014, have been completed. Although Apleni said the department was still looking into issuing a travel advisory that would address the recommendation on the issue of ‘strongly advising’ travellers accompanied by minors from visa-exempt countries to carry a UBC.
Source: Tourism Update