- Cape Town International Airport leads arrivals growth
- Transit visa relief and airlines no longer need to check for birth certificates of foreign minors
- Atta Africa Financial Update (53)
- New partnership to promote local tourism businesses
- Sharks return to Gaansbaai
- SAA's Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi route no longer profitable
- South Africa changes to the immigration regulations
Will Uber tap into Travel?
Uber, the popular hail-riding taxi service has patented a travel booking service that seems to signal its entry into the OTA business.
Uber says it aims to provide a perfectly timed and seamless end-to-end trip, including the booking of flights, ground transport and accommodation. The system would also monitor flight and vehicle delays, and alert the appropriate airline and hotel systems, re-accommodating the traveller when necessary. Read More
Source: Daily Southern African Tourism Update