- South Africa’s tourism industry looks to leverage visa reforms
- Kenya’s Tourism Industry Receives Boost from Neighbouring Nations
- African airline spreads its wings… again!
- Reminder: Atta Networking event ITB Berlin 2016
- Blood Lions Screening at ITB
- Good Morning, Tanzania! Ngorongoro wildlife wonders hit the US airwaves
- GPS-guided audio tour on Table Mountain
- Joburg Tourism head office now at Sandton Central
- Ngorongoro Wonder broadcasted live to millions worldwide
New CEO for Kenya tourism agency
Jonah T Orumoi has been appointed as acting chief executive officer (CEO) of the Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC).
TFC is mandated, under the Tourism ministry, to facilitate and provide affordable development funding and advisory services for long-term investment in Kenya's tourism industry. The agency provides funding through loans and business advisory services to prospective investors.
"It is an absolutely good opportunity for me to serve my country. Minister Balala is an excellent worker and under him I shall strive to ensure that TFC is accessible to all stakeholders who require money," Orumoi, who previously worked as Kenya Tourism Board Head of Finance and ICT, said.
He added that he was delighted to join TFC at a time when Kenya's tourism industry is recovering.
"We have the task of ensuring that our efforts as key institutions that support tourism fully back the recovery efforts in a bid to increase bed capacity as well as attract local, regional and international tourists into our country," he said.
Source: Standard Media