- Zimbabwe: Government Should Interrogate Vat Impact On Tourism
- Reminder: Atta Networking event ITB Berlin 2016 (1)
- Atta Africa Financial Update (56)
- New border posts between Tanzania and Kenya to enhance regional tourism prospects
- East Launches First Travel Document
- Samantha Cameron Welcomes Just a Drop, run by Atta Director, to No 10 Downing Street
- Revised Kenya Wildlife Service Park Fees
- Kenya: Airlines' Demand for Nairobi Traffic to Power Tourism
- New CEO for Kenya tourism agency
- Comair announces new route set to boost SA tourism
South African Tourism Stunt at London rail stations
The stunt took place on 24-25 February, and this week, with a giant vending machine at London Waterloo and London King’s Cross train stations.
Players were quizzed on the cost of experiences and products available in South Africa. To demonstrate the slogan ‘You’re more valued in South Africa’, all participants win a prize, regardless of whether or not they guessed the answer correctly. Each prize is designed to showcase the diversity of experiences available in South Africa – from tasty biltong, to an inflatable kayak and even a surfboard.
In addition, all those who play the vending machine were automatically entered into a competition to win a pair of flights to South Africa, courtesy of South African Airways.
The stunt can be tracked on social media using the campaign hashtag #RollingInRands, which reflects South Africa's favourable exchange rate.
Tolene van der Merwe, UK manager for South African Tourism, said: "South Africa is an exciting, fun destination and so affordable. We’re investing in this campaign to demonstrate just how much further your money goes when on holiday in the country – you really are more valued in South Africa."