- Lufthansa adds seasonal boost with direct Frankfurt to Cape Town flight
- Singapore Airlines’ A350-900s to serve Johannesburg
- SAA Expands Service to Mauritius
- #AfricaDay: 11 things influencing travel on the continent
- Zimbabwe Tourism in Remarkable Recovery
- Pemba and Zanzibar: Two-island holidays just got easier for tourists
- Cable cars to boost tourism in Mount Kenya
- FNB and PayPal bring global eCommerce to Botswana
Emirates increases Dubai-Cape Town service
Emirates Airlines has announced a third daily flight between Cape Town and Dubai from July 4. The new flight will be operated on a three-class 777-300ER aircraft and will leave Dubai at 10:50 a.m. and arrive in Cape Town at 6:30 p.m. (local times). Return flights will depart from Cape Town at 8:05 p.m. and arrive in Dubai at 7:30 a.m. the next day.
The airline recently opened a two-level premium lounge at Cape Town Airport. All Emirates First Class and Business Class customers as well as Skywards Platinum and Gold members traveling from Cape Town to Dubai will have complimentary access to the new facility, which has the capacity to accommodate 123 people comfortably.
Located in the international departures corridor next to Emirates’ preferred boarding point at Gate A3, the lounge offers a dedicated dining area with a choice of bar seating, an extensive menu of complimentary hot and cold gourmet foods served buffet style, including local dishes, and a beverage service that includes a premium selection of Champagne, spirits and South African and international wines.
Customers will also have access to a fully equipped business center with touch-screen workstations, complimentary WiFi and a dedicated lift to access the upper level of the lounge, which offers a quiet seating area, main dining room, a second TV area, main restroom with showers and a prayer room.