- KTB eyes regional markets as digital platforms boost tourism
- Workshop on travel and tourism opens in Kumasi
- Sale of Lalibela Heralds New Era
- RwandAir set for Abidjan launch
- Conference tourism boosting Kenya’s brand equity
- Kenya tops world in tourist bookings, says travel firm
- Celebrating World Elephant Day
- World Lion Day: Rwanda in efforts to reintroduce lions
Kenya’s Tourism Grows at a Rapid Pace
Kenya tourism is growing at a rapid pace. Tourism in Africa is up overall, according to a Virtuoso report, but Kenya is one of the continent’s brightest spots.
According to an article in the Daily Nation, Kenya has, in 2016, recorded the largest growth in tourist bookings globally.
The findings were announced at Virtuoso Travel Week in Las Vegas, saying that “Kenya was among the ‘hottest’ upscale holiday destinations in 2016, owing to its exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access,” wrote Wachira Mwangi for the Daily Nation.
Virtuoso also noted that “Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa rank high as investment destinations and stand to experience a 17 per cent rise in tourist arrivals.”
The Kenya Tourism Federation is capitalizing on its status and offering incentives for bookings, signing a new partnership with British Airways and offering discounts to repeat visitors.
Source: Travel Pulse