- Kenya Airways cedes Malindi route to subsidiary Jambojet
- Air Botswana updates Cape Town - Kasane schedule
- UN to Support Nigeria Grow Tourism Sector
- South Africa’s hotel and tourism sector set for steady growth as visitor numbers continue to grow
- Tim Best
- Atta Africa Financial Update (77)
- Industry needs to entice new guides
- The Team Africa: Launch of AU passport noteworthy but symbolic
Kenya to host 180 buyers for travel expo
At least 180 hosted buyers from around the world are expected to participate in this year’s Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE), taking place in Nairobi from October 12 to 14.
According to Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) Acting MD, Jacinta Nzioka, the board is targeting 180 hosted buyers for this year’s Expo compared with 160 in last year’s show. KTB also hopes to register 150 exhibitors, up from 122 in last year’s expo and increase trade visitors to 250 from 160.
Of the 160 hosted buyers from 35 countries who attended last year’s MKTE, 65% were visiting Kenya for the first time. More than 70% of the buyers who participated last year were already selling Kenya, said Nzioka. “It is worth noting that 94% of the exhibitors in 2015 were repeat participants, showing that they were getting value from our expo.”
The theme for this year’s MKTE is “Tourism for all. Explore endless travel possibilities.” KTB’s goal is to progressively develop the MKTE as a must-attend world tourism exhibition for the promotion of innovative tourism products from Africa.