- EALA Wants Speedy Tracking of One Tourism Visa
- Over 1.3 million tourists visited Namibia
- Atta Africa Financial Update (82)
- Africa Travel Association and PATA strengthen tourism links
- Indaba 2017 possible date change
- Tourism Ministers of BRICS nations to meet in Khajuraho
- USAID Hands over Management Plans of National Parks to Angola
Indaba 2017 dates could change
Next year’s Indaba trade show could be rescheduled, moving it away from the South Africa’s Mother’s Day over the weekend of May 5.
“Atta has learnt that the World Economic Forum is scheduled to meet in Durban during the first week of May which would clash with the set up for Indaba,” Atta said in a statement.
Earlier this year, SA Tourism announced that next year’s Indaba will be hosted by the city of Durban and province of KwaZulu Natal from May 6-8, 2017. However, the World Economic Forum on Africa is scheduled to take place from 2-5 May, in Durban.
Tourism Update understands that both event bookings are in the Durban ICC system, but neither had been confirmed by Thursday.
SA Tourism had not responded to a request for comment at the time of publication.
How will the changing of Indaba’s dates affect you? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.