- Atta Africa Financial Update (86)
- Military route launched in Cape Town
- Why tourism is the golden nugget of SA's economy
- CEO of FEDHASA says The Hotel Show 2017 is a boost to the continent’s tourism and hospitality sector
- Tourism Industry Urged to Cater for People With Disabilities
- Mzembi Nominated for UNWTO Post
- SA tourist guides learn Mandarin and Russian
North West Tourism Ends Tourism Month Festivities in Taung, 29 to 30 Sept
The North West MEC for Tourism Desbo Mohono will lead Journalist from various media houses across the province in a media tour which aims to familiarize them with hidden tourism destinations around Taung in the Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati District.
The media tour will give journalists an opportunity to see the heritage destination and other places of interest. MEC Mohono will be joined by the newly elected Mayor of Taung Local Municipality, Kgosi Nyoko Motlhabane and her Departmental Management Committee.
The entourage will on the second day (Friday, 30 September) once again join MEC Mohono and other various key stakeholders during a live broadcast of the fourth and final leg of Tourism Fridays - "Waking Up With the MEC" which aims to popularize tourist attraction sites such as Small Heaven in Thomeng near Taung.
Mohono will further unpack government intentions with regards to attractions such as Small Heaven in Thomeng and also engage ordinary people of Taung on how best this place can be used as a tourism and economic hub for their predominantly rural town and allude to various elements which are set by government to elevate its socio-economic status.