- EALA Wants Speedy Tracking of One Tourism Visa
- Over 1.3 million tourists visited Namibia
- Atta Africa Financial Update (82)
- Africa Travel Association and PATA strengthen tourism links
- Indaba 2017 possible date change
- Tourism Ministers of BRICS nations to meet in Khajuraho
- USAID Hands over Management Plans of National Parks to Angola
Tourism grows as Zimbabwe, China trade ties strengthen
Chinese travellers to Zimbabwe are on the rise as trade ties between the two countries strengthen after western investors severed ties with Harare because of alleged rights violations.
President Robert Mugabe has turned to China, Russia and other emerging markets for investments. Analysts told Fin24 however that there was still a gap left by traditional investors pushed out by the regulatory and operating framework.
“Trade ties are growing and there is a significant footprint of Chinese companies in cement manufacturing, construction, chrome smelting. But this has not been enough as the gap left by western and other traditional investors is too big, hence the current investment shortfalls,” said independent economist, Moses Moyo.
Source: TVC News