- Kenya Airways responds to surge of holiday bookings
- Ethiopian Airlines Obtains $159m AfDB Loan for Upgrades
- Air Tanzania Buys New Boeing 787
- 2017 Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo dates confirmed
- Atta Medical Advisor to the rescue
- FCO Travel Advice: Ghana
- SA Tourist arrivals rise 14.8% in first half of 2016
- Atta Africa Financial Update (96)
- Turning Kenyan safaris into economic development hubs
Tourism facilities for Komjekejeke Heritage site
Minister of Tourism, Derek Hanekom, launched tourism facilities at the Komjekejeke Heritage Site in Wallmansthal, Pretoria.
In an attempt to promote tourism in the area, the department handed over facilities that include a hall and a renovated amphitheatre to the Silamba Trust.
The facilities at Komjekejeke include new ablution blocks, three new traditional dwellings and 20 picnic sites. Renovations include the VIP lapa, staff houses and the painting of buildings.
Hanekom explained: “We have built this beautiful place to enhance the existing structures that cradle the valuable historical and cultural artefacts of the Ndebele people. The community should utilise these facilities, and help drive tourism to Komjekejeke.”