- Legal SA: CPA Provisions Re Non-Refundable Deposits & Cancellation Fees – Section 33: Catalogue Marketing & Section 41: False, Misleading or Deceptive Representations
- New market access partnership to develop SME tourism sector launched in South Africa
- Biometric Information On Tourists Necessary
- Nigerian govt promises to improve tourism
- More flights into Cape Town adds up to a lot of moolah
Zambia new flight departure charges
Zambia Civil Aviation Authority has introduced a Passenger Safety Charge for all flight departures originating within Zambia effective 01Dec16.
· Domestic flight USD5.00, with domestic to domestic (any airport/airstrip) transfers exempt for arrivals within 12 hours of departure.
· International flight USD10.00
· Infants under 2 years of age exempt
· Provisional bookings with fare already stored will be considered before the Start Date and therefore exempt even if ticketed on/after 01Dec16. However, any name change or flight change to such provisional bookings will require a new fare quote and as such, the new tax will then apply
· Ticketed bookings before the Start Date with flight changes on/after 01Dec16 will have the new tax applied regardless of class.