- Emirates says to launch third daily Nairobi flight in June
- The secret of Namibia's 'fairy circles' may be explained at last
- International tourism up +3.9% in 2016 for seventh straight year of growth
- Brexit tourists: SA’s rand ranked 4th in strongest gains against dollar-mauled pound
- Atta Financial Update (3)
Original Travel joins Voyageurs du Monde
Original Travel - Voyageurs du Monde
Atta member since it's inception in 2003, Original Travel, co-founded by Nick Newbury and Tom Barber, has sold a 60% stake to Voyageurs du Monde, a £260 million French travel company. The deal will see 40 of the firm’s backers, including friends and family of the founders, and private equity firm Connection Capital sell their stake for an undisclosed sum. Nick, Tom and sales director Neill Ghosh will retain 40%.
Voyageurs du Monde, listed on Euronext (Paris), is the leading tailor-made travel company in France with a market share of 40%, and a significant international network. Original Travel has experienced uninterrupted growth since it's launch in 2003 and has achieved six times revenue growth since 2007. In 2016 revenue grew more than 20% to £15m. As partners with Voyageurs du Monde's Original Travel will build on this growth both organically and through acquisition in key English-speaking markets.