- New Atta Members this month (5)
- Tourism On Transfer of Tourism Grading Support Programme
- Category One status at last for Kenya’s largest airport
- Zambia Tourism Agency set to start nationwide grading and classification
- South African Budget Speech focus on tourism promotion bodes well for inbound tourism
Meetings Africa to showcase continent as a conference venue
Africa’s business events representatives will converge on the Sandton Convention Centre to network this week for the Meeting Africa showcase of the continent and its diverse services and products.
The three-day event is also aimed at promoting and positioning South Africa as the most sought-after business tourism destination in Africa.
SA Tourism CEO Sisa Ntshona says it is time that Africa uses to its advantage the view of many around the world that Africa is a country rather than a continent.
“By nature these conferences rotate so we want to make sure that Africa gets its opportunity to attract some of these things, this is huge business,” says Ntshona.
“This is now showcasing the continent and, more importantly, is that we now invite the world’s buyers, who are people who decide where the conferences go to.”
Ntshona says that Africa, and South Africa in particular, is catching up with the world’s leading city hosts like Las Vegas.