Top judges announced for Avis Atta Media Awards
We are proud to announce a top line-up of judges for the inaugural Avis Atta Media Awards, which will recognise the best in African travel journalism.
The awards ceremony, to be held on 27th June at the Royal Over-Seas League at St James’s in London, is the first in the country to celebrate excellence in media focusing on the African continent.
The high-profile panel of judges includes British travel editors, experienced journalists, social media entrepreneurs and highly regarded industry figures who specialise in Africa tourism.
Chairman of the judges panel and Atta’s media director Graham Boynton, said:
“The judges will have a tough job on their hands choosing from high calibre entries on one of the travel industry’s most diverse and dramatic destinations.
“Not only will the Avis Atta Media Awards celebrate journalism at its best, but also showcase some of the African continent’s finest assets.”
Panel of Judges
· Graham Boynton Journalist, Travel Writer and Atta Media Director
· Julia Kemp Avis Director of Global Travel and Partnerships
· Jonny Bealby CEO and Founder of Wild Frontiers Adventure Travel
· Colin Bell Founder of Wilderness Safaris, Great Plains and Natural Selection
· Damian Cook Founder and Managing Director of E-Tourism Frontiers and Atta Social Media Director
· Julian Edmunds CEO of Costal Aviation and Atta Chairman elect
· Frances Geoghegan Managing Director of Africa Travel
· Jake Grieves Cook Managing Director and Founder of Gamewatchers Safaris and Porini Camps
· Lyn Hughes Co- Founder of Wanderlust Travel Magazine
· Joss Kent CEO of &Beyond
· Praveen Moman Managing Director and Founder of Volcanoes Safaris
· Craig Rix Editor of Travel Africa Magazine
· Lucia van der Post Financial Times Journalist and Travel Writer
· Jeremy Jauncey Founder and CEO of Beautiful Destinations
Avis Director of Global Travel and Partnerships, Julia Kemp, said:
“Through sponsoring the Atta Media Awards Avis hopes to recognise the high quality journalism that we have in the UK about Africa, and encourage more people to learn about and visit this spectacular destination.”
The awards will comprise of 10 categories to cover all media platforms:
1. Best news coverage of African tourism (Trade Press).
2. Best Cultural Article on African destination
3. Best wildlife feature in a national newspaper
4. Best wildlife feature in a magazine
5. Best blogger/ vlogger on Africa
6. Best online coverage of Africa
7. Best National Newspaper coverage of Africa
8. Best magazine coverage of Africa
9. Best feature on African environment/conservation issues
10. Special Award: Contribution to Understanding African tourism
Entries can be submitted online at www.attaawards.com until April 30 and a shortlist will be published on May 20.
Winners will be announced in London on June 27, as part ofthe annual Atta Regatta Summer Networking event sponsored by the Kenya Tourism Board.