- Air France expands South Africa Service
- Poaching menace leaves only 540 rhinos in Kenya
- Kenya bans plastic bags effective six months from now
- No More 'Hiding in the Dark' for poachers entering Kruger National Park
- FCO Travel Advice: Kenya (2)
- Oman Air confirms the launch of Nairobi flights from end March
- Kenya angles for more tourist arrivals with new cruise terminal
UNWTO Secretary General candidate landed key African Union Leadership Position
The Zimbabwe UNWTO Candidate for Secretary General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Eng. Walter Mzembi, landed an African Union (AU) Leadership position in Lome, Togo on 17 March 2017.
African Tourism, Energy and Infrastructure Ministers in Togo for the AU STC Meetings reaffirm their faith in Zimbabwe leadership in Tourism and elected the Hon. Eng. Walter Mzembi, Tourism & Hospitality Industry Government of Zimbabwe, as their Vice Chair of the Bureau of the AU-STC.
This is seen as another important step to accept the Zimbabwe minister to lead UNWTO starting 2018.
The Zimbabwe delegation to the First Ordinary Session of the African Union (AU) Specialised Technical Committee (STC) on Transport, Transcontinental and Interregional Infrastructure, Energy and Tourism, led by the Deputy Minister of Tourism and Hospitality Industry, Hon. Anastancia Ndhlovu (MP), has made Zimbabwe proud after the Southern African nation was unanimously elected to the position of the Vice Chair. The AU-STC met on 17 March 2017 in Lome, Togo and elected the Bureau on the basis of Rule Number 16 of the Rules of Procedure under the African Union Commission on Infrastructure and Energy.
Source: ETurbo News