- Atta Financial Update (13)
- Tanzania: Strategies to Triple Number of Chinese Tourists Drawn
- ExploreBusiness Travel 3 Ways new Tourism Minister Xasa wants to transform SA's 'tourism treasure chest'
- Uganda expected to drop VAT and other taxes on hotels
- WTM Africa - 2 Weeks to Go
- INDABA2017: All signs point to Africa being the next tourism frontier
- Oman Air launches third destination in Africa
Travel Planning WTM Africa 2017: 'Major growth' as continent's potential set to be showcased
Cape Town - The World Trade Market Africa (WTMA) says it has seen a significant increase in the number of buyers as well as pre-registered visitors attending this year's show, with just three weeks to go.
The event is set to take place from Wednesday, 19 April to Friday, 21 April at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC).
General Manager of Africa Travel Week, Chardonnay Marchesi, says “WTM Africa’s pre-registered travel professionals are currently up by 26% compared to this time last year and our buyers are up by approximately 10% in numbers too. This is growing daily and will result in a further increase in onsite arrivals, ” says Marchesi.
In 2016, WTM Africa confirmed 850 Buyers, while 4 850 industry professionals were in attendance.
Organisers of the event have highlighted the major role tourism plays in boosting up and coming businesses, "offering them a platform to interact with international authorities and also grow the African tourism economy through constructive conversations, dynamic partnerships and a strong focus on doing business".